Duration – 60 minutes (direct video consultation)
Consultation Fee – $195.00
- A thorough clinical interview with Dr. Fridel is conducted by video-chat to determine the nature of the sleep problem. A careful review of the history and progression of your sleep problem is reviewed.
- The data that you provided in your pre-appointment questionnaires is regarded as critical clinical data in your overall assessment. We will review of all of the relevant aspects of the pre-appointment questionnaires during your appointment.
- Your current physical and mental health status is reviewed as it specifically relates to your sleep problems. We will also review any medications that you are taking that might be affecting your sleep. Your doctor will ask specific questions to determine if any physiological sleep disorders might be present (e.g. sleep apnea, parasomnias, leg-related sleep disorders, etc.)
- You and the doctor will have a lengthy discussion about the factors that are contributing to your nighttime and probable daytime symptoms. The development of chronic sleep problems is the result of many potential factors. As such, we will be reviewing psychological, physiological, sociological and behavioral influences to your particular sleep problem. All relevant current scientific research findings related to your sleep problems will be thoroughly discussed with you.
- Before the end of the session, an initial treatment plan is developed that will precisely target your individual sleep difficulties. All treatment recommendations will take into consideration your specific psychological and medical presentation. The scientific rationale of each treatment recommendation will be thoroughly reviewed with you until understanding of their clinical aims is achieved.
- Your doctor will review each recommendation in your written treatment plan. Potential barriers to successful implementation of the treatment recommendations will be discussed and mutually resolved. Any questions or concerns will be addressed.
- Your doctor will expect you to collect simple sleep log data every morning between your initial session and your follow-up appointment. At the beginning of your second visit, your log data will be uploaded into a statistical program and the compiled data findings will be carefully reviewed to assess treatment progress and to inform the direction of subsequent treatment .