Duration – 60 min,
Consultation Fee – $195.00
You and your doctor will review your child’s clinical progress with their initial treatment recommendations. We will change and refine your child’s treatment plan, as needed, to enhance any gains that may have already been achieved. Follow-up sessions will include the following, as appropriate, for each patient:
- The data that you collected in your child’s sleep logs is regarded as critical clinical data in their overall sleep health care. We will upload your completed sleep log data into a statistical program and the compiled data findings will be reviewed with you.
- Sleep logs, though a subjective questionnaire, are still considered to be a scientifically reliable and valid measure of sleep and wake functioning. As such, the relevant aspects of your child’s sleep log data are reviewed in-depth. These data serve to direct further treatment recommendations and increase the understanding of each patient’s sleep difficulties when they are used for such purposes.
- We will discuss you and your child’s experience with the treatment recommendations. As they are considered a natural occurrence in nearly all health care interventions, barriers to treatment implementation (and success!) will be discussed. We will strategize ways to overcome any potential barriers to treatment success and any other compliance problems.
- A re-assessment of current physical and mental health status is reviewed as it relates to your child’s sleep problems. We will also review any medications that your child is taking that might be affecting their sleep. We will reassess for the presence of any physiological sleep disorders that might be present (e.g. sleep apnea, parasomnias, bed-wetting frequency, etc.). If consultation with other health care providers might be necessary, we will discuss ways to get appropriate referrals for such services.
- Before the end of the session, revisions to the treatment plan will be made and the rationale of each treatment recommendation and any changes in treatment will be thoroughly reviewed.
- Your doctor will review each recommendation in your written and revised treatment plan. Any questions or concerns will be addressed.
- It is likely that you will now understand that your child’s collected sleep log data are critical to their effective treatment and also important to your understanding of your child’s presenting sleep problem. Your doctor will continue to expect you to collect simple sleep log data every morning before your next appointment. At the start of your next visit, your log data will be uploaded into a statistical program and the compiled data findings will be reviewed with you.